It’s The Ovation Repertory Theatre is proud to announce auditions for Legally Blonde the Musical on May 13th and 14th from Noon to 3 each day. The show to be directed by Jarred Clowes, will have musical direction from Kristen Amundsen, and choreography by Nick Ono.
We ask that you bring a headshot and resume (if you do not have one that is fine but it is encouraged), and prepare sixteen bars of a musical theatre song that shows off your voice. If you wish to sing a song from the show that is fine as well. There will be an accompanist. Also, please be prepared to dance and possibly read sides from the script.
The show runs August 4th – 27th and rehearsals begin in June. Most rehearsals will be weekday evenings from 7 – 10 but some weekends may be needed as well. We will be looking to cast
20 – 24 people. All roles are available.
These roles include:
- Elle Woods (Soprano Belt) – bubbly college-age girl who follows her ex-boyfriend to Harvard Law School. Must be comfortable being kissed on stage, good with dogs, and willing to be/become blonde!
- Emmett Forrest – (Tenor) – Emmett is a smart, quirky, sensitive and personable law student. Must be comfortable being kissed on stage, must be comfortable with dogs. A strong singer/actor with great comedic timing!
- Paulette Buonofuonte – (Soprano Belt) – Paulette is the funny owner of Hair Affair, a local salon. Must be comfortable with dogs, and willing to be kissed on stage. A Bostonian accent is a plus.
- Pilar, Margot, Serena – (Belt Sopranos) – Pilar is the sassy and sensible sorority sister. Margot is the seemingly dim-witted, boy-crazy sorority sister. Serena is the energetic cheerleader, from Jewish heritage, sorority sister. Strong singers and dancers with good comic timing and youthful energy!
- Professor Callahan – (Baritone) – Callahan is a pompous and manipulative law professor at Harvard. Actor must be comfortable with a stage kiss.
- Warner Huntington III – (Tenor) – Warner is attractive and charming but very self-absorbed. Actor must be willing to perform a stage kiss.
- Vivienne Kensington – (HUGE Soprano Belt) – Vivienne is an overachieving, stuck-up, wealthy, smart and savvy law student who is intellectually driven. Must be comfortable being kissed on stage, must be willing to be/become a brunette.
- Brooke Wyndham – (Alto) – Brooke is an exercise video star and former Delta Nu sorority girl who was accused of murder. Being physically fit is a must for this role, to properly do high level aerobics with enough stamina to continue singing. If you are auditioning for this role, be prepared to jump rope while singing at the audition.
- Kyle B. O’Boyle – (no vocal requirement) – Kyle is a physically fit, smooth-talking UPS deliveryman. Must be comfortable with dogs, must be willing to be kissed on stage. Irish dancing skills are a plus!
- Enid Hoops – (Soprano Belt) – Enid is a strong, opinionated, feminist law student at Harvard.
Supporting Roles (Most supporting roles will play other roles throughout the show as well):
- Elle’s Mom – (Alto) – High society socialite from Malibu.
- Elle’s Dad – (Baritone) – High society golfer from Malibu.
- Kate – (Alto) – Delta Nu scholastic chair, the bookworm! Featured in “What You Want”
- Leilani – (Alto) – Delta Nu sorority sister with vocal solo.
- Sundeep Padamadan – A foreign Harvard law student. Former leader of his country.
- Aaron Schultz – A smug and arrogant Harvard law student.
- Dewey – Paulette’s rude, mean, dog stealing, trailer-trash ex-boyfriend.
- Nikos Argitakos – Brooke Wyndham’s pool boy.
- Carlos – Nikos’ “best friend”.
- Grand Master Chad – UCSD frat boy.
- Winthrop – Harvard Law admissions officer.
- Pforzheimer – Harvard Law admissions officer.
- Lowell – Harvard Law admissions officer.
- Chutney Wyndham – Brooke Wyndham’s jealous step-daughter.
- Judge – Featured characters in the courtroom trial.
Plus other ensemble roles.
Location of Audition:
The Ovation Theatre
1622 19th Street, Bakersfield CA