The Ovation Repertory Theatre is proud to announce auditions for Gypsy, July 29th & 30th from Noon to 3 each day.
The show to be directed by Adam & Terri Cline.
We ask that you bring a headshot and resume (if you do not have one that is fine but it is encouraged), and prepare sixteen bars (or about 1 Minute) of a song that either shows off a classic Broadway style or you can sing a song from the show. Also, there will be a dance portion of the audition, prepare accordingly.
Please be aware our auditions can take up to 30 minutes to finish the full process. There will be a pianist for accompaniment. Those planning on auditioning should bring their own music, but some music from the show can be provided if needed.
The show runs October 6th-29th. Most rehearsals will be weekday evenings from 7 – 10 but some weekends may be needed as well. All roles are available.
NOTE: THE PART OF MOMMA ROSE WILL BE PLAYED BY ROSIE AYALA.
ALL OPEN PARTS:
- Louise: Female Lead, Mezzo-Soprano (18 – 30’s)
- June: Female Supporting, Mezzo-Soprano (18 – 20’s)
- Herbie: Male Supporting, Baritone (40’s – 60’s)
- Baby June: Female Featured, Mezzo-Soprano (10 – 14) may be doubled by older June
- Baby Louise: Female Featured, Mezzo-Soprano (14 – 18) may be doubled by older Louise
- Tulsa: Male Featured, Baritone (18 – 28)
- L.A.: Male Featured, Tenor (18 – 28)
- Yonkers: Male Featured, Tenor (18 – 28)
- Angie: Female Featured, Tenor (18 – 28)
- Tessie Tura: Female Featured, Mezzo-Soprano (40’s – 60’s)
- Mazeppa: Female Featured, Alto (40’s – 60’s)
- Electra: Female Featured, Mezzo-Soprano (40’s – 60’s)
- Uncle Jocko: Male Featured, Spoken (50’s – 60’s)
- Pop: Male Featured, Spoken (60’s – 70’s)
- Rich Man’s Son: Male Featured (younger ages)
- Weber: Male Featured, Spoken (any age)
- Kringelein: Male Featured, Spoken (any age)
- Mrs. Cratchitt: Female Featured, Spoken (any age)
- Ensemble (all ages and for smaller roles)
Location of Audition:
The Ovation Theatre
1622 19th Street, Bakersfield CA